Country Director, Austria (English, German)
- Experience with C-level contacts within Austria, including political and economic stakeholders.
- Commercial general management experience in technology, advertising, or online industries.
- Ability to speak and write in English and German fluently.
- Experience in a country or people manager role, with the ability to lead cross-functionally and influence internally and externally.
- Experience working among media, business and government channels with strong relationships within the advertising, technology and startup sectors.
- Experience in working in a multinational environment in a matrix organization.
- Ability to focus and prioritize in a fast growing business environment.
- Analytical acumen and thought leadership, paired with agile mindset and can-do attitude.
About the job
In this role, you will lead Google’s business in Austria and help users make the most of the web. Reporting to the Country Director Google Switzerland and Regional Director Alpine, you will contribute to the strategy and business development of the region. You will lead a cross-functional team and represent aspects of Google in Austria.
As the official contact for Google Austria, you will be responsible for how businesses, government, and consumers view Google. Your knowledge of online media and digital combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shape how new and existing businesses grow. You leverage your entrepreneurial drive to educate and persuade new customers to embrace Google's latest advertising products and technologies.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We're uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google's broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Be responsible for sales and commercial operations in Austria to deliver business growth, with a focus on large advertisers and agency partners. Build key external relationships to open up key business opportunities.
- Represent Google in the market beyond business relationships (e.g., top level Government, media, opinion formers, etc.) and represent Austria to Google (e.g., product and policy around business challenges and opportunities).
- Lead cross-functional teams together around an integrated plan for Google’s success in the market.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?