Senior UX Program Manager, Fitbit Premium
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Warsaw, Poland.
Remote location(s): Poland.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with program management for UX design, software development, or a related domain.
- Experience in UX design and research disciplines, tools, and processes.
- Experience collaborating and working cross-functionally with Engineering and Product teams.
- Experience working with distributed teams working across multiple time zones and geographies.
- Experience with mobile app or devices and services development, and associated UX practices and processes.
About the job
At Google, we follow a simple but vital premise: "Focus on the user and all else will follow." UX Programs & Operations at Google drive projects within our UX organizations by increasing communication and connection points, streamlining the UX design process, and driving a culture of user centered development.
Google User Experience (UX) is made up of multi-disciplinary teams of UX Designers, Researchers, Writers, Content Strategists, Program Managers, and Engineers: we care deeply about the people who use our products. The UX team plays an integral part in gathering insights about the attitudes, emotions, and behaviors of people who use our products to inspire and inform design. We collaborate closely with each other and with engineering and product management to create industry-leading products that deliver value for the people who use them, and for Google’s businesses.
As a UX Program Manager (UX Programs & Operations), you will combine expert project management skills with a passion for user experience to help your team improve the design of products that are used by billions of users. You’ll plan projects, define milestones, assess risks, create actionable insights, and ensure projects meet deadlines. You’ll harmonize the work of UX Designers, Researchers, Content Strategists, UX Engineers, and other UX disciplines, while also working closely with our Engineering and Product Manager cross-functional partners, to drive UX team objectives and create innovative experiences for our business, products, and users.
User experience is at the forefront of how we create intuitive, innovative, and beautiful products that people love. We strive to learn and understand our users’ needs, behaviors, and emotions to gather insights that inform product strategy and design. Our UX teams include designers, researchers, content strategists, and engineers who are passionate about quality, usability, and simplicity. We work on collaborative teams to solve complex challenges and craft experiences that highlight our products’ unique capabilities and personalities. Our work touches billions while exemplifying a key principle that is core to Google’s philosophy: “Focus on the user and all else will follow.”
- Build and own plans autonomously for complex UX programs and execute in collaboration with relevant stakeholders, while facilitating cross-functional alignment on UX priorities, resource allocation, and progress.
- Partner with UX managers and cross-functional partners on developing a team culture built around user-centered design practices.
- Identify team needs with regards to process, tools, documentation and asset management, driving required changes to ensure that the UX team is enabled to create excellent user experiences, and make the most impact at scale.
- Provide clear communication to cross-functional team leads and executive management regarding program status, resource requirements, risks, and priorities.
- Deliver work and build trust across teams and across functions within UX, connecting partner teams and ensuring interdependencies are understood and planned for.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?