Technical Program Manager III, Pixel, Charging
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in program management.
- Experience with Battery Powered Devices and Charging Technology.
- 5 years of experience managing cross-functional or cross-team projects.
- Experience with Android Operating Systems.
- Experience with power engineering.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As the Technical Program Manager, you will lead our Charging efforts for phone and tablet programs and improve user experiences. You will work directly with the System Hardware, Software Engineering, and Validation teams. In this role, you will collaborate with Product Management and Engineering teams to define Charging KPIs and drive Charging features end-to-end, track progress, resolve dependencies, evaluate risks, and communicate status to upper management and project stakeholders.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000-$208,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Define the scope of projects and develop, execute, and/or manage project plans for supported program(s).
- Manage highly complex and cross-functional hardware and software projects. Engage and energize project teams to achieve goals across multiple organizations.
- Remove obstacles to drive momentum and progress. Identify communication gaps, manage issues and escalations, and provide support to teams balancing competing priorities.
- Understand technical implementation at the architecture level and propose technical alternatives when necessary. Ask questions that clarify priorities and push the team to be highly effective.
- Partners with product managers, engineers, and stakeholders to set Charging product strategy, plan, and manage our roadmap for Pixel.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?