ASIC Design Lead, Machine Learning
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience working with computer architecture or memory subsystem architecture.
- Experience working with power, performance, and area trade-offs.
- Master's degree or PhD in Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- Knowledge of accelerators (e.g. Machine Learning or GPUs) or similar high performance designs.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Oversee the architecture, design and implementation of digital logic using Chisel, Verilog, and/or SystemVerilog.
- Engage with Machine Learning System Architects and Software teams to define specifications.
- Engage with Verification and Silicon Validation teams to ensure functionality of the design.
- Provide input on synthesis, timing closure, and physical design of digital blocks and perform power, area, and performance trade-offs of digital designs and architectures.
- Set technical direction for the team within the capacity of technical lead and people manager.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?