Software Engineer, Device and Services, Silicon
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in software development with Embedded Systems/Firmware using C/C++.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams including Product Management, Chip Architecture, Hardware Implementation and Embedded Software teams.
- Ability to solve complex and ambiguous problems.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
In this role, you will develop custom silicon solutions that provide differentiated user experiences in Google hardware products and optimize performance and power. This includes the System on a Chip (SoC) and other mixed signal, logic, and sensor Integrated Circuits (IC) for our product portfolio.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Gather Board Support Package (BSP) requirements from product and Silicon Validation Hardware teams.
- Develop, customize and integrate Board Support Package (BSP) software.
- Bring BSP software on emulation and hardware platforms, to support silicon hardware efforts and silicon enablement in the product.
- Coordinate with multidisciplinary teams Hardware and Software teams throughout the development process.
- Debug hardware and software issues on emulation and hardware platforms.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?