Cyber Threat Analyst, Mandiant
- 1 year of experience in a Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) role in a customer-facing environment.
- Experience with CTI methodologies and applications in one of the functional areas (e.g., Identify, Protect, Respond, and Recover).
- Experience in stakeholder management (i.e., presenting, reporting) to internal audiences.
- Experience in managing and executing variable term projects for customers.
- Experience in evaluating host and network forensic reports of electronic media, packet capture, log data analysis, malware triage, and network devices in support of intrusion analysis or enterprise level information security operations.
- Experience in the consumption, processing, and analysis of tactical Cyber Threat Intelligence (CTI) within an operational environment, supporting monitoring, detection, and response capabilities.
- Experience in deploying and analyzing data from technical security controls, to include web proxy, firewalls, IPS, IDS, mail content scanning appliances, enterprise antivirus solutions, network analyzers, and other host-based protection solutions.
About the job
As a Cyber Threat Analyst, you will ensure the delivery of actionable intelligence to each customer’s security or operational environments in order to drive decision making and decisive action. You will also act as a conduit to an extensive network of cyber security, threat intelligence, and information operations professionals. This is an onsite, client facing position.
Mandiant is a recognized leader in dynamic cyber defense, threat intelligence and incident response services. By scaling decades of frontline experience, Mandiant helps organizations to be confident in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats. Mandiant is now part of Google Cloud.
- Evaluate current and emerging tools and best practices for tracking advanced persistent threats, tools, techniques, and procedures (TTPs) of attacker’s motivations, industry, and attacker trends.
- Perform strategic, tactical, and operational research and analysis of adversarial cyber threats.
- Correlate intelligence, to develop understanding of tracked threat activity.
- Present tactical and strategic intelligence about threat groups, the methodologies they use, and the
motivations behind their activity.
- Work with customers to determine their intelligence needs and requirements, as well as convey both verbally and in writing about the importance of findings for a variety of audiences.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?