Technical Program Manager, Devices and Services
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 years of experience in technical program management.
- Experience in chip industry.
- Experience in vendor managements.
- Knowledge of scoping, authoring, revising, and executing in Silicon space.
- Knowledge of onboarding/offboarding contingent workforce.
- Understanding of Silicon flow, process and needs.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will help an innovative and rapidly growing Engineering team. You will work closely with engineers of many specialties, product managers, internal and external partners around the world to define, design, test, and ship products.
In this role, you will be responsible for helping identify program and technical risks and come up with mitigation plans, working in close collaboration with product managers and engineers to make a good product level judgements to ensure both product excellence and timeliness.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Manage communication of progress/status with stakeholders and leadership in various locations and time zones, own and nurture relationships between cross functional teams.
- Implement process improvements to streamline product development.
- Manage risks, and when necessary, put together and evaluate mitigations and paths to success.
- Support the team in promoting clear communication, making great decisions, and nurturing relationships with key stakeholders.
- Work with automation and dashboards to measure performance and improve efficiency.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?