Customer Engineer, Data Analytics, Google Cloud
- 10 years of experience as a pre-sales engineer or in a customer-facing role.
- Experience with traditional Big Data technologies, Analytic Warehousing technologies, data processing technologies, performance and scalability optimizations.
- Experience in cloud native architectures in a customer-facing role or a support role.
- Experience delivering technical presentations while leading detailed discovery and planning sessions.
- Experience with architecture design, implementing, tuning, schema design and query optimization of scalable and distributed systems.
- Experience in technical sales or professional consulting in cloud computing, data analytics and Big Data.
- Experience developing data warehousing, data lakes, batch/real-time event processing, streaming, data processing (ETL/ELT), data migrations, data visualization tools, and data governance on cloud native architectures.
- Understanding of cloud computing, cloud market, engaged dynamics and customer buying behavior.
- Understanding of customer requirements with the ability to break down the requirements and design a technical architecture.
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000-$213,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Support local business teams in pursuit of key business opportunities, engage customers to address aspects of the data life-cycle.
- Identify business and technical requirements, conduct full technical discovery, and architect client solutions to meet gathered requirements.
- Be responsible for leading technical projects, including technology advocacy, supporting responses, product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work with Google Cloud Platform products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments. Travel for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities as needed.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging to highlight the Google Cloud Platform value proposition, using techniques that include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers and Request for Information (RFI) response documents.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?