Senior Critical Incident Manager, Google Cloud
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in managing critical incidents.
- 4 years of experience in providing technical or infrastructure support.
- Experience in an operations and leadership role in cloud services delivery environment.
- ITIL v4, project management certification.
- Experience in supporting and managing technical environments, particularly within a multi-tenant cloud environment.
- Experience in tools like SalesForce, ServiceNow, Google Workspace, etc.
- Experience in leadership in Developing, Operations, or Executive Support roles with the ability to work in and keep up with a fast moving environment via effective prioritization and time management.
- Understanding of customer impact and has the ability to influence momentum of incident response across multiple teams.
- Ability to have customer focus and commitment to quality with exceptional communication skills at the executive level both written and verbal.
About the job
As a Critical Incident Manager, you will manage customer impacting incidents and executive level customer escalations. You will collaborate and partner with the entire Google Cloud organization to drive resolution. You will also closely partner and collaborate with Infrastructure, Developing, Technical Support, Product Owners, Customer Success, and Sales Leadership to ensure delivery of a unified support experience for customers. You will additionally ensure transparent communication that drives very high levels of internal/external customer satisfaction.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Manage customer and internal stakeholder communications for an incident via multiple communication channels in a 24/7, over the weekend on-call environment using standard Google incident management processes ensuring updates are timely, accurate, and actionable.
- Address incoming critical escalations from executives or key customers, and coordinate response in order to facilitate resolution of customer situations.
- Contribute to cross-functional post-incident process reviews enabling the delivery of post incident reports to customers and stakeholders.
- Improve operational workflows through process enhancements, automation, and continuous review and improvement of systems and incident management tools. Design, build, maintain scripts, tools, and integrations to automate incident response processes.
- Demonstrate leadership in initiating and driving projects to solve problems or business needs, even when faced with high ambiguity. Proactively anticipate potential obstacles to ensure successful project outcomes.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?