Technical Program Manager II, Cellular System Validation
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Diego, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience managing projects.
- Experience in mobile phone testing of 5G/4G technologies.
- 2 years of experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
- Experience in 5G/4G log analysis and debug issues from field tests.
- Experience in a 5G (FR2/FR1)/4G Modem/Telephony background.
- Experience in 5G R15/R16 carrier requirements and driving cellular field testing projects across multiple product areas and distributed sites, with competing resources and priorities.
- Knowledge of 5G/4G domain to drive field functional/performance and carrier test.
- Ability to influence, collaborate, and deliver solutions in a complex, always-changing environment.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $118,000-$172,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Manage cellular system validation for field/lab test activity in various markets across North America.
- Analyze the 5G/4G logs from field tests in North America, identify key issues, and work with Test/Software team to resolve.
- Summarize the 5G R15/R16 carrier features, analyze data, and manage bug reporting to drive and secure the Pixel modem quality, from a modem/telephony perspective.
- Exercise technical judgment to keep goals for programs, projects, and products attainable within a given timeline.
- Communicate with stakeholders with clear quality signal per testing progress.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?