ASIC Software Platform Architect, Silicon
- 7 years of experience in consumer electronics/embedded systems design.
- Experience with C++, C, embedded systems, Kernel, Linux, Firmware, device drivers.
- Experience with interface protocols (e.g., USB, SPI, I2C, UART, UFS, PCIe) software stacks, drivers and system memory drivers.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience driving ASIC architecture decisions from a software point of view.
- Experience with bootloaders, SoC low- power management security frameworks , performance analysis and optimization.
- Experience with ARM and/or other low-power SoC architectures.
- Knowledge of interaction types between hardware and software for different types of standard hardware blocks, CPU and accelerators.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
With your technical expertise you will manage project priorities, deadlines, and deliverables. You will design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Manage optimized software architecture to meet use case requirements while providing options and/or trade-offs, identify issues and drive them to resolution.
- Collaborate with company-wide stakeholders such as Architecture, Silicon Architecture, Silicon Implementation, Silicon Software, and Product Software Engineering team to improve hardware IPs.
- Design architecture and software interfaces that enable a software programming model .
- Design architecture that assures security and privacy of the data for applications.
- Work on proof-of-concept ideas to impact silicon and software across different domains.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?