Technical Program Manager, Packaging, Consumer Hardware
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering, related Engineering or Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in packaging industry.
- Experience with packaging materials used in consumer packaging (paper, molded fiber, corrugate, rigid box, etc.).
- Experience working at both in office and manufacturing sites.
- Experience in the packaging industry and working in a production environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment, but also as a single support role for projects as needed.
- Ability to speak and write in Mandarin fluently.
- Team player, creative, and ability to drive the ambiguity of a fast-changing environment.
- Good verbal, written communication, and organizational skills.
About the job
In this role, you will work closely with the Mountain View Packaging Engineering and EPM teams, serving as a bridge to our in region internal partners, external suppliers, and contract manufacturing sites.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Support the development and validation of Google packaging.
- Close co-operation with both internal and external teams in packaging ENG, EPM, GSM, SDE, Creative, Operations, Logistics, vendors, and manufacturers.
- Support alignment of quality requirements and support DFMs, during development as well as during product ramp (e.g. first article inspections).
- Support preparation for builds, attend pack out, and provide summary feedback on validation. Perform follow ups on improvements needed with manufacturers, vendors, and cross-functional teams.
- Travel to sites throughout Asia and occasional travel to the US.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?