Silicon Validation Engineer, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering, Computer Science, related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience with functional tests for silicon validation (e.g., C, C++ or Python) or developing embedded software.
- Experience in silicon bring-up, functional validation, characterizing, and qualifying silicon.
- Experience with board schematics, layout, and debug methodologies using lab equipment.
- Experience with scripting (i.e. Python) for automation development.
- Experience with hardware prototyping, including hardware/software integration (i.e., pre-silicon use of emulation, software-based test, and diagnostics development).
- Experience with power characterization, Perpheral Component Interconnect Express(PCIe), and DDR.
- Experience in ready to launch design, verification, or emulation.
- Knowledge of System on Chip(SoC) architecture, including boot flows.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop and execute tests in post-silicon validation, hardware emulators, and assist in bring-up processes from prototyping through post-silicon validation.
- Drive to debug and investigate efforts on cross-functional issues, including pre-silicon prototyping platforms, post-silicon bring-up, and production.
- Be able to ensure validation provides functional coverage for a confident design.
- Assist on operating and maintaining the hardware emulation platform for pre-silicon integration and validation.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.