Packaging Implementation Engineer
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering, related Engineering or Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 2 years of experience in the packaging industry.
- Experience with packaging materials used in consumer packaging.
- Experience working both in office and at manufacturing sites.
- Experience managing multiple packaging projects in a cross-functional environment, and with sustainable packaging design methods and materials.
- Design experience utilizing both 2D and 3D CAD applications.
- Experience with Logistics and Operations and how they relate to packaging design and development.
- Working knowledge of product fragility, cosmetic protection, package testing, and reporting of data.
- Understanding of DFM, tooling design, manufacturing processes, and schedules for various materials (paper, molded fiber, corrugated, rigid box, etc.).
- Ability to be creative, collaborative, influential, engaging, innovative, and thrive in a multifaceted environment.
About the job
The Google Packaging team creates iconic, thoughtful packaging that demonstrates care for our products, the people who use them and the world around us. Our team of design engineers and project managers works closely with marketing creative, business group teams, and operations to design packaging from sketches and concepts to prototyping, validation, and mass production.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Work closely with Mountain View Packaging Engineers for structure design and development. Close cooperation with internal and external cross-functional ID, UX, GSM, SDE, Reliability, Creative, Operations, Logistics, vendors, and manufacturers.
- Support product builds, both preparation and attending, work closely with internal teams and suppliers to optimize schedules, align quality requirements, review DFMs, and provide regular status updates. Attend overseas pack out operations to provide guidance and training, perform and/or oversee package testing, and provide a summary of feedback and validation results.
- Troubleshoot technical issues (process, test, design, or manufacturing related) and provide recommendations and corrective actions.
- Travel to sites throughout Asia and occasional travel to the US.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?