Infrastructure Tools and Methodology Lead, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15 Years of experience with hardware and SoC design development, including methodologies, architecture, RTL development, and CAD tool usage.
- Experience in engineering management cycle.
- Experience working in a dynamic multi-disciplined engineering environment across multiple regions.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience planning and deploying tools and flows to users.
- Experience managing a cross-site/geo organization.
- Knowledge of chip design process, verification, design or implementation.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
In this role, you will lead a group of Hardware Engineers in an innovative and fast-paced environment with a focus on infrastructure for chip design. You will also lead technical projects from the concept/planning stage through execution and closure. You will help the team deliver designs that works.You will lead chip design process improvement projects in multiple areas of expertise.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $216,000-$317,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead chip methodology Engineers to build and maintain a silicon design environment, support multi geo chip development teams, and also manage and mitigate support issues for tool flows.
- Partner with Chip Project teams to define and standardize methodology across functional areas (e.g., Design, Design Verification, Physical Design).
- Manage technical evaluations of tools for possible deployment, build and maintain relationships with partners.
- Collaborate with teams across Google to identify and create opportunities for improved chip design across Google.
- Participate in design reviews and track issue resolution and engage in technical and schedule trade-off discussions.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?