Security Engineer, Siemplify, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in security engineering, including developing and implementing security solutions for systems.
- Experience with attacks and mitigation methods as operating system internals and hardening, security network design and protocols, and security assessments.
- Experience in coding languages (e.g., Java, C, Python, Go, etc.).
- Experience in Enterprise and/or Platform Security Engineering.
- Experience with threat modeling and risk-based security assessments.
- Knowledge of Cloud security design, architecture, and/or assurance.
About the job
Our Security team works to create and maintain the safest operating environment for Google's users and developers. Security Engineers work with network equipment and actively monitor our systems for attacks and intrusions. In this role, you will also work with software engineers to proactively identify and fix security flaws and vulnerabilities.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work collaboratively with stakeholders both with-in and outside of the organization.
- Collaborate with Engineering and Program Management teams to drive technical strategy and execution in compliance, privacy, and security areas.
- Use subject matter expertise to identify potential security issues, tools, mitigations, and processes.
- Provide exemplary leadership in an exceptionally challenging and rewarding environment and influence the organization.
- Lead offensive security engagements against our suite of products, including pen tests and variant hunting. Demonstrate leadership by mentoring engineers, setting technical direction, and priorities for the team.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?