Risk and Compliance Specialist, Marketing Operations
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: New York, NY, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Mountain View, CA, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in a Risk Management, Compliance, Marketing, Operations, Legal, or Management Consulting role.
- Experience in a marketing role focused on compliance or risk management.
- Effective change management and problem solving experience with the ability to guide transformation through process or program improvements.
- Experience operating in a high-paced, changing work environment with the ability to manage time efficiently and navigate ambiguity.
- Expertise identifying insights, driving strategy, and launching programs to deliver impact in challenging environments.
- Ability to manage multiple cross-functional stakeholders and influence successfully across levels and organizational boundaries and inspire a distributed group leaders to act.
- Effective storyteller, leveraging the ability to take complex data and simplify into action both in written and verbal communications.
About the job
Google’s Marketing Operations team is here to inspire and enable our best work. Our programs are focused on Agency Management, Production Operations, Program Management, Contract Operations, and Marketing Compliance. Equal parts business partners, influencers, trainers, and coaches, we have extensive experience in partner management and marketing governance, and a deep and wide understanding of the agency landscape and creative process.
It is our collective responsibility as Marketing to ensure we’re navigating our risks and managing our resources in a productive, ethical, and sustainable way. Marketing Risk, Compliance, and Governance team in collaboration with legal and privacy teams is working to lead thoughtful, coordinated, global responses to navigate the changing regulatory landscape.
As a Risk and Compliance Manager, you will promote responsible innovation in the potential of technology in marketing. You will develop, manage, and implement compliance programs in marketing to ensure we follow the policies, guidelines, and the laws and regulations that impact innovative projects, and ensure the business achieves its goals with the law and the company’s expectations. You will join a community of compliance leaders to advocate for an enterprise-wide culture of compliance, providing effective guidance to employees across marketing teams. You will engage with the broader Marketing Leadership team across compliance topics.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $122,000-$183,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Develop understanding of the space to inform a program roadmap. Create program documentation and visuals to drive understanding of key project elements and decisions.
- Develop governance mechanisms including process and policy changes, controls development and monitoring, modernizing and automating the controls environment.
- Develop and execute risk assessments and design follow-up programs to address key risks. Work with business and process owners to develop processes, policies, controls, and metrics that ensure compliance of relevant standards.
- Influence and assist business and process owners to close gaps in their controls and adopt processes that will help to grow the business in a compliant manner.
- Create insights, stakeholder communications, and executive materials for compliance discussions and communications within marketing. Facilitate key meetings and stakeholder management.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.