Senior Staff Software Engineer, Technical Lead, VMware Engine
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in a people management, supervision/team leadership role
- Experience programming in Java, Python, or Go
- Experience leading system design activities
- Experience with VMWare in enterprise environment
- Experience leading system design activities in cloud technologies
- Experience with cloud-native application development using open-source building blocks (e.g., Docker, Ansible, Terraform, Kafka, Cassandra, Kong etc.)
- Experience with Kubernetes, GKE, or similar technology
- Experience with public cloud, especially Google Cloud Platform
- Ability to desire to learn new technologies, languages, and tools on short notice
About the job
Google Cloud's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google Cloud's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. You will anticipate our customer needs and be empowered to act like an owner, take action and innovate. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
The Google Cloud VMware Engine enables customers running on-premises VMware workloads to seamlessly migrate to Google Cloud without having to re-architect or refactor their applications. Leverage the value of the existing VMware investments while maintaining operational continuity and avoiding data center management, hardware refreshes, and procurement cycles.
Our team is mainly focused on control plane development using Google tools and standards with the aim of eventual merging of stacks with internal efforts.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Develop Google Cloud VMware Engine (GCVE) service control plane.
- Work on migrating features from pre-acquisition stacks to the internal Google stack.
- Investigate, debug, and root cause customer issues in the owned code.
- Collaborate with other teams and functions, as well as potentially external partners.
- Contribute to growth of the product creatively.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?