Manager, End-to-End Systems Engineering Health
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Council Bluffs, IA, USA; Reston, VA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Pryor Creek, OK, USA; San Francisco, CA, USA.
- 5 years of experience in program management
- Experience supporting a global user base and working with Engineering and Google Server Operations stakeholders
- Experience leading a team of Technical Solutions Engineers
- Experience working with data centers, cloud technology companies, or manufacturing
- Excellent verbal, written communication, and collaboration skills, working effectively to discuss prioritization across organizations
- Motivated to own a portfolio of team projects and drive long-term improvements in the technical stack
- Ability to travel to data centers
About the job
The Google Cloud team helps companies, schools, and government seamlessly make the switch to Google products and supports them along the way. You listen to the customer and swiftly problem-solve technical issues to show how our products can make businesses more productive, collaborative, and innovative. You work closely with a cross-functional team of web developers and systems administrators, not to mention a variety of both regional and international customers. Your relationships with customers are crucial in helping Google grow its Cloud business and helping companies around the world innovate.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $160,000-$246,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Lead a team of Technical Solutions Engineers who are performing troubleshooting and development work.
- Shape team goals, set Objectives and Key Results, and manage the team’s projects.
- Review, provide feedback, and approve process and technical documentation authored by the team such as procedure guides, customer-facing policy manuals, automation requirements documents, and technical troubleshooting playbooks.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders across Google Server Operations and Unified Fulfillment Optimization (UFO) Engineering on the issues and underlying root causes driving negative business outcomes, while maintaining good relationships.
- Maintain the team’s performance via established KPIs and explore opportunities to continuously improve troubleshooting operations.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.