Product Design Engineer, Google Nest
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering, Product Design, related field, or equivalent practical experience
- 8 years of experience with consumer product design
- Experience with Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools (such as PTC Creo, ProE, or Unigraphics NX) and mechanical simulation tools
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- Master's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 13 years of experience in a consumer electronics company
- Experience shipping products in a lead or principal engineer role
- Broad technical skills that can be applied to a range of issues
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big and unique we can't just buy our hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Our Platforms Team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Mechanical Engineer you design and evaluate our data center systems, identifying product requirements and contributing to research and project planning. From the chip to chiller, you are responsible for designing and optimizing an architecture that will scale with Google's continued growth.
With your technical expertise, you lead and manage projects, develop product and process improvements, provide consultation to others and help facilitate training and development.
As a Product Design Engineer, you'll design consumer-focused computing devices. You'll work on designing enclosures, mechanisms, planning, connectors, and modules. You will work closely with cross-functional teams in operations, product, and hardware to define and deliver excellent products.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software, and services for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Google Nest team develops, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Drive and implement designs with cross-functional teams independently.
- Work with suppliers and manufacturing to ensure quality consumer products.
- Be responsible for understanding and resolving all reliability concerns for designs. Execute with leadership through all development phases.
- Design for technical depth and innovative ideas. Solve issues associated with the product development path using creativity and smart designs.
- Travel as needed for program development.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?