Customer Engineer, Application Modernization
A person with disabilities will be given preferential consideration per local regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment, or in a customer facing role
- Experience with legacy and modern application development, cloud service delivery, and deployment
- Experience with containers and associated technologies
- Experience working in a specialist area of technology
- Experience with networking concepts, logging and monitoring of hybrid-cloud workloads
- Experience developing scalable architectures using API management, microservice frameworks, PaaS, and container orchestration systems, or other applicable platforms
- Knowledge of public cloud platforms, technical concepts (e.g., Big Data, PaaS, SaaS, IaaS), and related industry topics
- Understanding of application security patterns, including web application security, service mesh, and mobile security strategies
- Ability to learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions
About the job
When leading companies choose Google Cloud it's a huge win for spreading the power of cloud computing globally. Once educational institutions, government agencies, and other businesses sign on to use Google Cloud products, you come in to facilitate making their work more productive, mobile, and collaborative. You listen and deliver what is most helpful for the customer. You assist fellow sales Googlers by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers. You liaise with the product marketing management and engineering teams to stay on top of industry trends and devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
In this role, you will work with technical Sales teams as an enterprise hybrid cloud subject matter expert to differentiate and paint an outlook of Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand the power of Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, engage in proof of concepts, and troubleshooting potential roadblocks. You will also travel as needed.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Guide customers through assessments of their existing legacy application environment(s), provide recommendations on a prioritization roadmap for application modernization, and identify applications for migration to hybrid-cloud computing models.
- Challenge and inspire customers and peers to solve difficult problems with ambitious and novel solutions leveraging a sophisticated set of technical competencies.
- Work with the team to qualify business opportunities, identify key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Manage the technical relationship with Google’s customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?