Multimedia System Architect
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience in developing hardware IP or system level silicon architecture plans.
- Experience in multimedia technologies, including imaging, display, or computer vision pipeline in silicon development.
- Experience in array cameras, computational photography techniques, depth sensing cameras, and related areas.
- PhD in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related field.
- Experience in digital imaging and computer vision methods and algorithms.
- Understanding of machine learning, image processing, video processing, or display processing algorithms for photography applications.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Design and develop multimedia systems relevant to imaging, video, and display pipelines for hardware implementations.
- Evaluate the architectural design and algorithms for digital photography, computer vision, or machine intelligence scenarios.
- Design, define, and specify computer vision, image, and video processing IP. Author hardware specifications for efficient and practical implementation.
- Collaborate with other architects to create optimized and innovative solutions including video, audio, and image processing.
- Work with a variety of stakeholders, including product managers, algorithm developers, and software teams to create immersive and engaging user experiences.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.