Technical Operations Manager, Third-Party Data Centers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- 10 years of experience in facilities management, including facility, technical, and team management
- 5 years of experience as a Facilities Manager, Chief Engineer, or Operations manager in a mission environment
- Master's Degree in Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Management, or Reliability Engineering
- Experience with reliability centered maintenance and engineering
- Experience communicating effectively with all levels of the organization, including executives
- Ability to forecast resource requirements in a data-driven way
About the job
At Google, we aim to foster Googley work environments that are collaborative, friendly and fun. The Facilities Management team brings our spaces to life as you oversee the daily operations of our offices. While roles with similar names at other companies can be far more mundane, you're a creative, organized customer service specialist, who takes pride in seeing things run smoothly and efficiently. You go out of your way to make sure that clients are not only satisfied, but singing Google's praises. You're comfortable in a fast-paced environment with the highest standards of excellence. You aren't afraid to have fun with your job, and bring an enthusiasm, dedication and a collaborative spirit to build and maintain office spaces that facilitate some of the world's most cutting edge innovation.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $121,000-$181,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Support site selection process through operational and technical knowledge
- Perform operational assessment and risk analysis of third party co-location sites
- Owns co-location sites facility operation within an area/region, with full accountability for this area tactically and strategically
- Oversee technical and team leads through the successful completion of required maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair tasks to maintain equipment to our global standard
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?