Silicon System Architect, Software
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience working with Mobile/Embedded SoCs.
- Experience driving system architecture decisions from a software perspective.
- Expertise with Android Architecture, Kernel, Frameworks, Services, etc.
- Knowledge of interactions between software and different IP blocks, and general and special purpose compute units.
- Ability to traverse the stack from Silicon to Apps.
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Influence hardware decisions by thorough analysis of system and first-party software. Influence software architecture to leverage Silicon goodness.
- Collaborate closely with Google Research, Pixel, and Software teams to deliver product differentiating experiences.
- Build reference software to enable effective and optimal usage of Silicon features.
- Architect solutions that meet power, performance, and area goals.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?