Senior Software Engineering Manager, Power and Performance Architecture
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with software development in one or more programming languages.
- 5 years of experience in a technical leadership role; overseeing strategic projects, with 5 years of experience in a people management, supervision/team leadership role.
- 5 years of experience in performance and power analysis.
- Master's degree or PhD in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization.
- Experience with power or performance analysis in hardware and software systems.
- Experience with silicon and hardware architecture.
- Experience with Embedded Processors, Android, Linux, and operating system behaviors.
About the job
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
In this role, you will lead the Pixel System Performance and Power team delivering exceptional performance and battery life through optimization of system software running on custom hardware architectures.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $231,000-$339,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Analyze performance of important workloads to identify improvements in both future hardware architectures and software, as well as power consumption of important workloads to identify efficiency tradeoffs and high-impact improvements.
- Evaluate and shape future architecture proposals to build the best platforms for performant and efficient mobile devices.
- Work with cross-functional hardware and software teams on requirements and definitions of future architectures.
- Develop the long-term technical direction and roadmap within, and often beyond, the scope of your teams. Evolve the roadmap to meet anticipated future requirements and infrastructure needs.
- Set clear expectations with individuals based on their level and role and aligned to the broader organization's goals. Meet regularly with individuals to discuss performance and development and provide feedback and coaching.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?