Technical Program Manager, Construction
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial, Construction Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in commercial contract management, procurement, and managing construction projects.
- Experience in project and construction management.
- Experience in managing workforce relationships, with an understanding of standard practices in the design and construction industry.
- Experience in data center equipment and environments, with an understanding of start up and commissioning processes.
- Knowledge of large-scale facility electrical and mechanical systems.
- Ability to build excellent relationships and deliver action-oriented tasks.
- Effective skills in requirement gathering, resource organization, task prioritization, scheduling, and achieving goals.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Manage site-wide data center construction and delivery organizations, scope related to construction projects, and large capital improvement projects.
- Be responsible for ensuring the development of detailed designs, managing construction (e.g., delivery, schedule, cost, quality, and EHS), commissioning, close-out, and hand-off to the operations team. Ensure all customer demands are being met.
- Establish and maintain various delivery models and global relationships with multiple vendors.
- Create a growth plan and be involved in the hiring and recruiting of talent in the areas of project management, field engineering, document control, technical writing, etc.
- Research and implement construction means and methods of data center equipment and facilities. Carry design concepts into mass production and integrate into facilities.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?