Customer Engineer, Data/Business Intelligence, Looker, Google Cloud
- Experience in a data analytics or data science client-facing role (i.e., consulting/sales engineering).
- Experience in manipulating datasets (i.e. SQL), databases, or using business intelligence tools.
- Experience working with data to solve business problems.
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools with a physical model.
- Experience in data analysis with SQL, Python, R, etc.
- Experience responding to functional and technical elements of RFPs.
- Experience delivering technical presentations and live demonstrations.
- Data Analytics specialization and experience with Looker.
- Advanced data modeling and analytics expertise, and experience in numerical analysis.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers, and software infrastructure.
As a key member of our Cloud BI (Looker) Customer Engineering team, you will be the technical advocate for our prospects and customers. You will work closely to understand their needs and demonstrate how Looker can add value to their data workflows. You'll partner closely with your business counterparts to acquire new customers, expand relationships, and cultivate business growth.
Along the way, you will have the opportunity to expand your breadth and depth of knowledge in data discovery and analysis. You’ll help shape our product roadmap based on the needs and requirements of the customers you work with.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Develop customized presentations, demonstrations, and prototypes of our software to articulate use cases and value to the customer.
- Participate in selling the value of Looker’s products using multiple channels including presentation, and live online and in-person product demonstrations.
- Manage technical Proof-of-Concepts (PoCs), ensuring that prospects are engaging with the product, the PoC, and the resulting solution.
- Articulate and educate on technical and architectural concepts to a variety of audiences, including developers, architects, and IT professionals.
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFPs as necessary, leverage and build upon existing knowledge base.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?