Data Center Location Strategy Investments Manager
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: San Francisco, CA, USA; Kirkland, WA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- 10 years of experience working in partnerships, management consulting, business strategy, or other executive management roles
- Experience in executive communications, including deck writing or other executive investment presentations
- Experience developing and managing teams at scale
- Experience working on infrastructure intensive real estate
- Master's degree in Real Estate, Business Management, or Finance
About the job
Behind everything our users see online is a data center somewhere around the world. Energy Location Strategy (ELS) is part of the broader Global Data Center team and delivery program. ELS’ mission is to help Google solve customers’ business challenges by providing global infrastructure and resource solutions to support these data centers.
The Cloud and Asset Portfolio Solutions (CAPS) Center of Expertise sits within ELS, with the core mission of serving as the interface for global data center asset delivery, portfolio management functions, and Google business needs requiring data center space. We provide the programs, acquisition strategies and structure with tool sets for regional discussions, acquisition and development teams to consistently make high-quality decisions at scale, faster, and with less risk to meet the needs of Google’s business.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $203,000-$299,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Envision the future for data center location strategy and translates it into everyday work.
- Craft and deliver clear, concise, and executive-level appropriate communications that make the main points,and link to the big picture to support decision making.
- Assist with decision making and strategic direction by evaluating and communicating the economic implications of acquisition transactions, ground up development, or strategic partnerships or commercial agreements (like leases, colocation, build to suits) for infrastructure and real estate assets that enable data center use.
- Assist in refining portfolio planning and real estate infrastructure asset investment planning to enable assets for data center development/use, by analyzing different options to determine a recommendation considering all perspectives and business impact.
- Manage and develop a small team of direct reports.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?