Display Hardware Engineer, Devices and Services
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in electrical engineering, optical engineering, a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience with Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) display electronics/optics.
- Experience in operating display characterization equipment.
- Master's degree or PhD.
- Knowledge of algorithm development for better display of optical, electrical, and power performance.
- Knowledge of physics in display drivers (e.g., IC, AMOLED, and timing controller).
About the job
Our computational challenges are so big, complex and unique we can't just purchase off-the-shelf hardware, we've got to make it ourselves. Your team designs and builds the hardware, software and networking technologies that power all of Google's services. As a Hardware Engineer, you design and build the systems that are the heart of the world's largest and most powerful computing infrastructure. You develop from the lowest levels of circuit design to large system design and see those systems all the way through to high volume manufacturing. Your work has the potential to shape the machinery that goes into our cutting-edge data centers affecting millions of Google users.
With your technical expertise, you lead projects in multiple areas of expertise (i.e., engineering domains or systems) within a data center facility, including construction and equipment installation/troubleshooting/debugging with vendors.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices and Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices and Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Build optical and illumination systems for displays to exercise applications.
- Define optical, electrical specifications, and work with the development and test engineering teams to produce Google hardware.
- Perform optical, electrical measurements, and evaluate data.
- Conduct research on emerging technologies.
- Debug display color, image, optics, and electronics with multiple teams.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?