Lead Technical Program Manager, Cellular System Validation
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mountain View, CA, USA; San Diego, CA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in program management (leading cross-functional projects/programs).
- 8 years of experience in mobile phone testing of 5G technologies.
- 5 years of experince in leadership role with/without direct reports.
- 8 years of experience managing cross-functional and/or cross-team projects.
- Experience in a 5G (FR2/FR1)/4G Modem/Telephony background.
- Experience in 5G R15/R16 carrier requirements and driving cellular field testing projects across multiple product areas and distributed sites, with competing resources and priorities.
- Expert domain knowledge in 5G/4G to drive field functional/performance and carrier test.
- Excellent organizational, stakeholder management, project management, data analysis, and communication skills.
About the job
Making the world's information universally accessible and useful doesn't stop at the desktop. The Mobile team builds tools to get you the information you need no matter where you are. Android has become the world's most popular mobile ecosystem, powering billions of devices, from smartphones to tablets, watches to TVs and everything in between. Whether adding to the core Android experience, forging new markets for digital content, creating immersive and portable versions of our products or managing relationships with a global community of developers, the Mobile team is giving you Google on the go.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $164,000-$252,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Manage a modem test engineering team to support North American commercialization for Pixel products.
- Lead and manage cellular system validation for field test activity in various markets across North America.
- Analyze data and manage bug reporting to drive and secure Pixel modem quality, from a modem/telephony perspective.
- Exercise technical judgment to keep goals for programs, projects, and products attainable within a given timeline.
- Communicate with stakeholders with clear quality signal per testing progress.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?