Software Engineer, Infrastructure Integrator, VirusTotal, Google Cloud
A person with disabilities will be given preferential consideration per local regulations.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with scripting languages (Bash) and general purpose programming languages such as: Python, C/C++, or Go.
- Experience in Web Services standards and technologies.
- Experience with API integrations (e.g., Splunk, Stackdriver).
- Experience with virtualization technologies (e.g., VMware, VirtualBox, Hyper-V, KVM), sandboxes, and managing networks.
- Experience in Cloud technologies, Firewall and Proxy technology, Data Loss Prevention, Monitoring, Forensic techniques, and Protocol analysis (tcpdump, Wireshark, etc.).
About the job
Google Cloud's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google Cloud's needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. You will anticipate our customer needs and be empowered to act like an owner, take action and innovate. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
VirusTotal is a member of Google Cloud Security and is considered by many as the Google of cybersecurity. We are dedicated to helping companies find and stop cyber attacks before they cause harm. We work with the entire security industry to give an advantage in the fight against cybercrime. In this role, you will join experts in large-scale cloud computing, big data, machine learning and cybersecurity, and you'll help build out the next generation of security intelligence solutions.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Design and develop parsers to extract metadata from reports.
- Create simple yet powerful deployment processes that increase both velocity and quality.
- Stay on top of network technology advancements to provide recommendations for the ongoing improvements to our infrastructure. Assist with the creation and update of pipelines standards and ensure that the pipelines are deployed according to those standards.
- Perform operations, automation, and ongoing management of a fleet of machines running under cloud infrastructure.
- Monitor the infrastructure for issues and perform capacity planning, and maintain an up-to-date documentation of our architecture, detailed network inventory, fault-resolution, and modification processes.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?