Program Manager, Public Affairs, Regional Data Centers
- Experience in policy analysis and campaigns, working on internet technology issues or the policy environments that surround them.
- Experience leading and growing teams within technical program management or similar program management roles.
- Experience working with public policy issues or planning.
- Experience working with public policy teams and a variety of cross-functional stakeholders, and/or tech policy issues within government, NGOs, think tanks, public interest groups, private sector, or relevant industry associations.
- Experience in business development or public affairs for sustainability focused initiatives.
- Knowledge of Internet technologies and the policy environments that surround them.
- Ability to identify opportunities and areas for improvement, and to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent political and communication skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to speak and write in English and German fluently.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Program Manager at Google, you’ll lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish — working with stakeholders to plan requirements, manage project schedules, identify risks, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. Your projects will often span offices, time zones, and hemispheres. It's your job to coordinate the players and keep them up to date on progress and deadlines.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
- Enhance and protect the data center lifecycle as part of a diverse, global public affairs team.
- Manage projects across multiple European jurisdictions.
- Implement community grants programs, and deliver public policy and community engagement activities in a programmatic manner.
- Provide public policy thought leadership, assist in building out our workforce development pipeline, and build relationships internally and externally. Travel within the regional for in-person meetings.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?