Technical Program Manager, Product Inclusion and Accessibility
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, User Design and Research, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience in program management within Engineering/Product Development/Design/UX organizations. Experience with UX design, user research, or user-centered development processes.
- Experience advocating for user research principles and processes in relation to product development
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently
- 3 years of experience in UX Research and/or product development program management
- Training and experience in product accessibility and inclusion
- Experience with managing a team of direct reports
- Ability to identify problems and issues across organizations and create programs and processes to solve them. Ability to effectively influence and communicate cross-functionally with all levels of management, with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with the ability to drive and execute ideas in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent problem solving skills and ability to create strategic data-driven recommendations
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will manage the APAC team and lead global programs that integrate and implement the best practices of inclusion and accessibility to our Devices and Services products including Pixel and Pixel family products.
In this role, you will lead programs with cross-functional teams within the Devices and Services Product Area including product managers, hardware and software engineers, UX designers and researchers, and program managers. You will also be working with teams across Product Areas (e.g., Android, Chrome, Google Assistance, and Google Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence Teams).
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Devices & Services team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences for users. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, the Devices & Services team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Manage complex and high impact cross-functional projects including both software and hardware and across geographically dispersed teams. Interface with product managers, engineering leads, UX designer and research leads, and technical program managers across Pixel hardware and software.
- Standardize metrics used to measure inclusion and accessibility performance across multiple product platforms at different product development stages and program status tracking.
- Understand fundamentals of product inclusion and accessibility at the architecture level and propose process, workstream, and mechanism to improve the overall product inclusion and accessibility for Pixel and Pixel family products.
- Establish and manage future generation of inclusion and accessibility infrastructure and lead with cross-functional teams for buy-ins and implementation.
- Manage and mentor junior technical program managers and program managers in APAC. Establish processes to improve learning and growth opportunities in a distributed environment.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?