Customer Engineer, Content Delivery Network, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mumbai, Maharashtra, India; Bangalore, Karnataka, India; Gurgaon, Haryana, India.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 12 years of experience in a technical sales engineering role within a cloud computing environment or customer-facing role.
- Experience with routing, switching, firewalls, intrusion detection/prevention systems, load balancing, DNS,VPN, Web Application Firewall , Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) mitigation solutions, cloud networking platforms.
- Experience with CDN engineering, design, implementation/maintenance
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Knowledge of enterprise, service provider or data center routing.
- Knowledge of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP)/IP networking protocols.
- Ability to learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud technology space.
- Ability to deliver technical pitch.
- Excellent presentation skills.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineer, you will work with technical Sales teams as a networking subject matter expert to differentiate Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective customers and partners understand Google Cloud, explaining technical features, helping customers design architectures, and problem-solving. In this role, you will engage with customers to understand their business and technical requirements. You will present practical and useful solutions on Google Cloud.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with the team to identify and qualify Networking and Content Delivery Network (CDN) business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections, and develop the strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Support the technical relationship with customers, including product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and partner directly with product management to prioritize solutions impacting customer adoption of Google Cloud.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure required to complete solution using best practices on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?