Network Implementation Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with field-based work in data centers, huts, and colocation facilities managed by third-party vendors.
- Experience with fiber types and their application, physical fiber characteristics, and standard testing tools (OSA, BERT, OTDR).
- Detailed knowledge of fiber types and their application, physical fiber characteristics, and standard testing tools (OSA, BERT, OTDR).
- Knowledge of basic scripting/programming (Python/Apps Script/SQL).
- In-depth understanding of networking and fundamentals of network troubleshooting at both Layer 1 and Layer 3.
- Proficient in DWDM and Routing topology and architecture, with the ability to serve as avr source for other teams.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills of DWDM and Routing systems.
About the job
Google is proud to boast a network that provides service to millions of Internet users around the world. The Network Engineering team is responsible for operating that network reliably and at scale. As a member of the team, you have a direct impact on design and feature enhancements to keep our systems running smoothly. You also ensure that network operations are safe and efficient by monitoring network performance, coordinating planned maintenance, adjusting hardware components and responding to network connectivity issues. Google's complex network generates a constant stream of challenges which require you to continually be innovative with an evolving set of technologies. Keeping the network reliable ensures that our users stay connected with our suite of applications, products and services.
The Network Deployment team is responsible for operating Google's network reliably and at scale. The team designs, configures, and manages the installation of Google’s network, including infrastructure, hardware setup, commissioning, trouble-shooting, and decommissioning old gear as we're in a constant upgrade cycle. In this role, you will conduct audits to verify that each network site has been built to the right specifications. Beyond day-to-day responsibilities, you'll also develop creative approaches to keep operational costs low and improve the efficiency of our ever-growing infrastructure. You'll focus on building long haul optical networks and activating capacity on Google's Network.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Develop Business Requirement Documentation based on proactive solicitation from internal teams.
- Work with development teams to implement automation requirements.
- Manage and audit network equipment installations using third-party vendors or in-house resources as required.
- Test, troubleshoot, and commission routers, optical transport equipment, and other network devices in new and existing network nodes across Google's global network as required.
- Generate implementation plans and provide technical leadership and guidance during deployment activities.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?