Strategy Manager, Workspace, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Kirkland, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Seattle, WA, USA; Sunnyvale, CA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience in consulting, investment banking, corporate strategy, enterprise software, or similar organizations.
- 2 years of experience collaborating with executive stakeholders.
- MBA or Master’s degree.
- 3 years of experience working in a business environment with cross-functional stakeholders, directly collaborating and building trust with executive management, and growth strategy.
- 2 years of strategy experience in business Software/SaaS domain.
- Experience performing detailed business analysis of potential strategic recommendations (e.g., valuation and M&A analysis, partnership opportunities, or operational optimization).
- Experience executing strategic and operational initiatives in an ambiguous environment.
- Understanding of productivity and collaboration category dynamics, competitive landscape, product differentiation, or go-to-market.
About the job
Google Workspace by Google Cloud is a cloud-based productivity suite that is revolutionizing the way people communicate and work with one another. The mission of the Google Workspace team is to meaningfully connect people so they can create, build, and grow together. The business is large, fast growing, and looking to accelerate against a backdrop of favorable social, work, and technological trends.
The Google Workspace Strategy team is a new team responsible for identifying impactful growth opportunities, evaluating market expansion plays, tracking external trends and competitors, and analyzing critical aspects of the business.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Manage and support strategic initiatives across Workspace, developing recommendations to the leadership team by analyzing strategic questions, developing and analyzing data, identifying priorities, and aligning with cross-functional partners across Engineering, Product, Merger and Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships, Customer Experience, Marketing, and Sales.
- Deliver on multiple strategy projects including research and analysis, drafting strategy documents and presentation materials, stakeholder management, communicating findings or recommendations to leadership, and landing the project team's work.
- Develop an understanding and strategic narrative across all components of the Workspace business and in particular areas (e.g., Go-To-Market (GTM) execution, pricing, product launches, M&A, etc.).
- Synthesize and communicate decisions between executive management and the broader organization to ensure strategy and priority alignment.
- Onboard and coach junior teammates and guide their professional development on projects.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?