Customer Engineer, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 6 years of experience as a technical consultant, technical pre-sales engineer, enterprise architect, or in a customer-facing role.
- Experience in cloud migration, data center migration, disaster recovery, virtualization, application/servers assessment, or discovery.
- Experience in performing technical presentations or public speaking.
- Master's degree in Computer Science or a related technical field.
- Experience in networking (Linux), software-defined networking, network virtualization/authentication, identity management, open protocols, application acceleration and load balancing, DNS, VPS’s and their application to PaaS and IaaS.
- Experience with Relational Databases, NoSQL Databases and/or Big Data technologies and containers.
- Experience with application development technologies, architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable and secure distributed systems.
- Experience in addressing a complex customer's existing software workloads, with the ability to define a technical migration roadmap to the Cloud.
- Ability to deliver a technical presentation.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
In this role, you will work with the Business team to introduce Google Cloud to our customers. You will help prospective, existing customers and partners understand Google Cloud, develop creative cloud solutions and architectures to solve their business issues, and problem-solve any potential technical roadblocks.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $139,000-$213,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Identify and qualify business opportunities, understand key customer technical objections, and develop a strategy to resolve technical blockers.
- Manage the technical relationship with Google customers, including managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of additional technical resources.
- Work with customers to demonstrate and prototype Google Cloud product integrations, provide recommendations on a prioritization roadmap for application modernization, and identify applications for migration to hybrid-cloud computing models.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to implement a complete solution on Google Cloud.
- Travel to customer sites, conferences, and other related events as needed.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?