Technical Program Manager, Data Commons
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 14 years of experience in technical program/project management.
- Experience in technical program management in the context of data.
- Ability to work as an individual contributor, contribute as part of a larger team, and influence.
- Excellent program management skills, with the demonstrated ability to develop platform software.
About the job
A problem isn’t truly solved until it’s solved for all. That’s why Googlers build products that help create opportunities for everyone, whether down the street or across the globe. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you’ll use your technical expertise to lead complex, multi-disciplinary projects from start to finish. You’ll work with stakeholders to plan requirements, identify risks, manage project schedules, and communicate clearly with cross-functional partners across the company. You're equally comfortable explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical tradeoffs in product development with engineers.
Our goal is to build a Google that looks like the world around us — and we want Googlers to stay and grow when they join us. As part of our efforts to build a Google for everyone, we build diversity, equity, and inclusion into our work and we aim to cultivate a sense of belonging throughout the company.
Data Commons is a single knowledge graph for all public open data. Sources covering areas like Census, Health, Climate and Sustainability, Crime, Economy, Education, and even open scientific data are represented on Data Commons.
Google is an engineering company at heart. We hire people with a broad set of technical skills who are ready to take on some of technology's greatest challenges and make an impact on users around the world. At Google, engineers not only revolutionize search, they routinely work on scalability and storage solutions, large-scale applications and entirely new platforms for developers around the world. From Google Ads to Chrome, Android to YouTube, social to local, Google engineers are changing the world one technological achievement after another.
- Be able to program manage the various activities of the project, including data imports, documentation, partnerships, etc.
- Own the outcome, scoping, planning, tracking, and execution for multiple high-profile programs.
- Collaborate with PMs, Software Engineers, and cross-functional teams to build end-to-end features and manage technical dependencies across the stack.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.