Product Engineer, New Product Introduction
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, other Engineering field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of experience developing supply chains in manufacturing and testing.
- Experience working with ODMs, contract manufacturers, and component suppliers to support data center server products.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Knowledge of system, functional, and board level testing.
- Understanding of Complementary Metal–Oxide–Semiconductor (CMOS) devices, fabrication processes, Automatic Test Equipment (ATE) tests, Design for Excellence (DFX), quality, and reliability.
- Ability to drive root cause analysis, corrective actions, and continuous process improvements working with cross-functional teams, contract manufacturers, and suppliers.
About the job
Google's custom-designed equipment makes up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Manufacturing Operations team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
- Guide reviews between Design and Operations Engineering to drive deliverables that are key to implementing the manufacturing plan for Server/Storage products, such as DFx and test strategy.
- Lead the technology assessment for new products. Work with the Product team to highlight risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Provide on-site and remote support for pre-production builds. Ensure factory readiness, support manufacturing line bring-up, provide product debug training, and gather feedback on build issues. Manage the bonepile and drive yield bridge analysis to improve product quality.
- Partner with Quality Engineers to establish product quality and reliability targets. Validate product qualification plans, support reliability testing, and review results to ensure product performance meets requirements.
- Support supply chain continuity planning, such as second source part qualification, assembly qualifications, and release of ECOs and MCOs.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?