Firmware Engineer, Pixel Modem Test Engineering
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Bangalore, Karnataka, India; Hyderabad, Telangana, India.
- Bachelor's degree in Electronics, Communications, or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of experience in Cellular or Modem Firmware Testing.
- Experience with Radio Technologies and 3GPP Protocols (i.e.,, 5G/4G, WiFi, BT, and NFC).
- Master's degree in Electronics, Communications, or Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with hardware/firmware testing and validation.
- Experience in 5G/4G log analysis and debug issues from field tests.
- Knowledge in 5G R15/R16 carrier requirements and cellular field/lab testing across multiple product areas and distributed sites.
- Ability to influence, collaborate, and deliver solutions in a complex and constantly changing environment.
About the job
Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
Our mission is to deliver Google Cellular Devices through trustworthy and comprehensive software quality signals. Product Quality, User Experience, Testing Strategies, and Data driven decision making are the main themes that we want to focus on.
The Google Pixel team focuses on designing and delivering the world's most helpful mobile experience. The team works on shaping the future of Pixel devices and services through some of the most advanced designs, techniques, products, and experiences in consumer electronics. This includes bringing together the best of Google’s artificial intelligence, software, and hardware to build global smartphones and create transformative experiences for users across the world.
- Drive Modem Firmware Testing and Log Analysis for APAC market.
- Analyze the 5G/4G modem logs from the field and lab tests in APAC. Identify keys issues and work with cross-functional teams until optimal resolution.
- Derive the 5G R15/R16 carrier features, analyze data pointers, and track bug reports to drive and secure the Pixel Modem and Telephony Software and Firmware quality.
- Guide technical judgments to meet quality goals for each program and deliver the product in time.
- Partner with cross-functional hardware, software, and systems teams to obtain software quality signals.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?