Staff Software Engineer, Google Compute
Note: Google’s hybrid workplace includes remote and in-office roles. By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following:
In-office locations: Seattle, WA, USA.
Remote location(s): United States.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in software development, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 5 years of experience testing, and launching software products, and 3 years of experience with software design and architecture.
- Experience thriving in highly cross-functional engineering environments.
- Experience partnering with customer representatives or product managers.
- Experience driving large-scale innovation or change.
- Knowledge of virtualization, kernel, physical disk, networking.
- Solid understanding of production best practices, debugging, root cause analysis.
About the job
Our team develops the software that supports VM runtime environments for external customers. We strive to provide highly reliable and available VMs that provide consistent, near-hardware level performance in a virtualized environment.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $185,000-$283,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Design, develop, test, launch, maintain, and support software running on the Google Compute Engine (GCE) nodes, distributed services that support the GCE Virtual Machines, and control plane interfaces that expose GCE to external customers and other internal teams.
- Drive the goal and innovative thinking of new products and software components that can accrue to critical business impact, reduce engineering effort, improve velocity, and increase quality.
- Work with infrastructure developers.
- Help grow engineers to their technical potential.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?