Staff Software Engineer, Machine Learning Performance, Silicon
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in software development, and with data structures/algorithms.
- 8 years of experience with compiler analysis and optimizations.
- 5 years of experience testing, and launching software products, and 3 years of experience with software design and architecture.
- Master’s degree or PhD in Engineering, Computer Science, or a related technical field.
- 3 years of experience in a technical leadership role leading project teams and setting technical direction.
- 3 years of experience working in a complex, matrixed organization involving cross-functional, and/or cross-business projects.
- Experience with computer vision, imaging, or language models.
- Experience with program optimization for accelerators using techniques such as graph rewriting systems, loop transformations, etc.
- Experience with compiler frameworks such as LLVM, MLIR, or Halide.
About the job
Google's software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how billions of users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. Our products need to handle information at massive scale, and extend well beyond web search. We're looking for engineers who bring fresh ideas from all areas, including information retrieval, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking and data storage, security, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, UI design and mobile; the list goes on and is growing every day. As a software engineer, you will work on a specific project critical to Google’s needs with opportunities to switch teams and projects as you and our fast-paced business grow and evolve. We need our engineers to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across the full-stack as we continue to push technology forward.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $185,000-$283,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Guide the development of a flexible and interactive approach to optimization of ML models targeting the Edge TPU.
- Work closely with Edge TPU compiler developers to surface policy decisions.
- Collaborate with model developers and experience teams to optimize ML models for the Edge TPU.
- Accelerate the development of tooling to enable auto-tuning of ML models for the Edge TPU.
- Support the quick optimization and landing of ML models for a variety of user experiences on the Edge TPU.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?