Business Development Manager, Strategic Partnerships, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Austin, TX, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; New York, NY, USA.
- 15 years of customer-facing experience in technology/Independent Software Vendor (ISV) partnerships, cloud sales, corporate development, or management consulting
- Experience in end-to-end execution, including identifying, developing, and negotiating partnerships
- Experience operating in a global model
- Master’s degree in Business Administration, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience closing business agreements
- Experience defining partnership GTM business plans and strategies with global partnerships, inclusive of a multi-horizon roadmaps, stakeholder value definition, multi-solution portfolios, routes to market, business plays, business generation strategies, value chain and use case definition, joint GTM execution, investment leavers, governance, and success criteria
- Ability to work in a rapidly changing industry and collaborating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Outstanding communication, presentation, problem-solving, and analytical skills with impeccable business judgment and thought leadership
About the job
As a Business Development Manager, you are a part of the Ecosystem and Channels team and are responsible for selecting, evaluating, defining, and negotiating some of Google’s strategic, complex, and impactful partnerships and business models. Our scope encompasses all Google Cloud products, geographies, and industries, allowing for a unique perspective to share strategic business recommendations with leadership. You will evaluate financial and strategic partnership potential and agreement structuring unconventional business models, when appropriate.
In this role, you will build relationships and strategic joint business growth plans with partners as they make financial and strategic decisions with Google Cloud. You will collaborate with our Partners, Google Global, and Regional Partner Managers, sales account teams, product, engineering, marketing, professional services, finance, legal, and others, to execute on a full lifecycle partnership ideation and negotiation.
In addition, you will define, develop, and structure Go-to-Market (GTM) and innovation partnerships with the potential for meaningful business impact for Google Cloud. This also includes working on AI partnerships. You will be responsible for facilitating workshops, building and presenting strategic proposals to C-level partner executives, structuring agreement relationships, and representing Google Cloud and our commitment to partnerships and our customers.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $205,000-$301,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Identify new partnership goals and execute an end-to-end business development lifecycle from initial engagement through agreement execution in order to grow the partnership segments of Google Cloud’s Ecosystem.
- Co-define and develop mutually impactful value propositions with partner stakeholders and their C-level decision makers.
- Manage a portfolio of partnership negotiations and expansion priorities, working cross-functionally with product, engineering, industry and sales teams to focus on the biggest impact, must-win GTM partnerships.
- Lead the definition and execution of unconventional agreement structures with appropriate cross-functional stakeholders as-needed.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?