Customer Engineer, Small/Medium Businesses, Google Cloud
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with cloud computing concepts such as Big Data, Platform-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (PaaS and IaaS) technologies.
- Experience with presenting and delivering technical pitches.
- Experience serving in the capacity of a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment.
- Experience with compute infrastructure and networking concepts including: routing, VPNs, load balancers, and firewalls.
- Experience in data and information management as it relates to big data trends and business challenges.
- Experience using or managing databases.
- Ability to learn and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the Cloud/IT technology space.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
As a Customer Engineer, you will help shape and execute technical business strategies, acting as a trusted advisor to clients and helping them to realize maximum business value from Google Cloud. You will assist the Sales team by problem-solving key technical issues for customers, while also liaising with the product marketing management and Engineering teams to stay up-to-date on industry trends and to devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with account executives to explore opportunities from the technical perspective, and collaboratively set the opportunity pursuit strategy. Develop the strategy to resolve technical impediments and scoping out migration workloads.
- Work with Google Cloud products to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging in an effort to highlight Google Cloud value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management, and documents.
- Be responsible for technical aspects of solutions to manage product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and coordination of supporting technical resources.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?