Manufacturing Engineer, Printed Circuit Board Assembly
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Sunnyvale, CA, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in Printed Circuit Board Assembly (PCBA) process and related system assembly.
- Experience using PCB tools (e.g., Valor and Allegro).
- Experience with surface-mount technology (SMT) process development and troubleshooting and PCBA process equipment setup and programming.
- Master's degree in Mechanical, Industrial, or Electrical Engineering.
- Experience with a Product Data Management (PDM) tool.
- Knowledge of eCAD process, including schematic capture, Printed Circuit Board (PCB) layout, and footprint/symbol creation.
- Knowledge of Interprocess Communication (IPC) Standards and ISO 9000 and understanding of product configuration and supporting Bill of Materials (BOM) structures.
- Ability to conduct a failure analysis and an understanding of PCB manufacturing process.
- Excellent leadership, problem solving, and written and verbal communication skills.
About the job
Google's custom-designed equipment makes up one of the largest and most powerful computing infrastructures in the world. The Manufacturing Operations team is responsible for providing the manufacturing capability to deliver this state-of-the-art physical infrastructure. As a Manufacturing Engineer, you evaluate the product designs and create the processes, tools and procedures behind Google’s powerful search technology. When vendors build parts for our infrastructure, you’re right there alongside ensuring manufacturing processes are repeatable and controlled. You collaborate with Commodity Managers and Design Engineers to determine Google’s infrastructure needs and product specifications. Your work ensures the various pieces of Google’s infrastructure fit together perfectly and keep our systems humming along smoothly for a seamless user experience.
As a Manufacturing Engineer in the Product Lifecycle and Technical Operations(PLaTO) group, you will join the team responsible for developing the manufacturing processes to deliver Google's next generation computing infrastructure. You will partner with the product development team through your industry knowledge, identifying and qualifying advanced manufacturing techniques and utilizing the design for manufacturing (DFx) feedback.
Behind everything our users see online is the architecture built by the Technical Infrastructure team to keep it running. From developing and maintaining our data centers to building the next generation of Google platforms, we make Google's product portfolio possible. We're proud to be our engineers' engineers and love voiding warranties by taking things apart so we can rebuild them. We keep our networks up and running, ensuring our users have the best and fastest experience possible.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $130,000-$194,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Act as the primary liaison to Google's new technology teams. Understand project requirements, assess product technologies, and develop a manufacturing plan and supply chain to support it.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership throughout the product lifecycle, driving design for excellence, supporting New Product Introduction (NPI) builds, and developing Google's supply chain.
- Develop and distribute manufacturing documentation (e.g., BOM, Assembly Drawings, Manufacturing Work Instructions, Tooling/Jig) in support of product design, configuration, process, and build requirements.
- Establish, deliver, and maintain the manufacturing, quality processes, and standards for Google's technologies, leveraging existing tools and processes as required.
- Provide support to design, manufacturing, and commodity teams in selection, qualification, and application of components and suppliers used in Google's products.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?