Principal Architect, Financial Services and Insurance, Google Cloud
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia; Singapore.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience as an enterprise architect in a cloud computing environment or in a customer-facing role.
- Experience in the financial services sector and promoting industry solutions to enterprise companies.
- Master’s degree in Business, Computer Science, or a related field.
- Experience in enterprise technology buying and evaluation process.
- Experience with structured enterprise architecture practices, hybrid cloud deployments, and on-premise-to-cloud migration deployments/roadmaps.
- Experience building, architecting, and designing/implementing distributed global cloud-based systems.
- Knowledge of technology solutions with the ability to learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies, and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
- Ability to deliver results, work cross-functionally, and engage/influence audiences and identify expansion engagements.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Be an advisor and owner for engaging with key technology stakeholders, from architects to C-level.
- Identify customer priorities and technical objections for Financial Service and Insurance (FSI) industry customers.
- Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms, and application infrastructure to implement a complete solution, providing advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud effectiveness.
- Manage the enterprise architecture relationship with customers by collaborating with specialists, product management, engineering, and more.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?