Scaled Customer Engineer, Google Cloud
(Mexico) Only applications of candidates with Mexican citizenship will be evaluated for this role in compliance with the provisions of Article 7 of the Federal Labor Law.
Please submit your resume in English - we can only consider applications submitted in this language.
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Mexico City, CDMX, Mexico; Bogotá, Bogota, Colombia.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of experience as a technical sales engineer in a cloud computing environment or in a customer-facing role, including working as a member of a professional services or Systems Engineering team.
- Experience in web application development and integration.
- Experience with Big Data, PaaS, and IaaS technologies.
- Experience with web/internet related technologies, architecture across SaaS, PaaS and IaaS and cloud productivity suites and an understanding of solution architecture within web and mobile environments.
- Knowledge of web application development and integration (REST, SOAP, J2EE, CGI/Java/ASP servlets).
- Knowledge of Linux, Web 2.0 development platforms, solutions and related technologies (e.g., HTTP, Basic/NTLM, sessions, XML/XSLT/XHTML/HTML).
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and build what's next for their business — all with technology built in the cloud. Our products are engineered for security, reliability and scalability, running the full stack from infrastructure to applications to devices and hardware. Our teams are dedicated to helping our customers — developers, small and large businesses, educational institutions and government agencies — see the benefits of our technology come to life. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will play a key role in understanding the needs of our customers and help shape the future of businesses of all sizes use technology to connect with customers, employees and partners.
In this role, you will shape and execute technical business strategies, act as an advisor to our clients and help them to realize maximum business value from Google Cloud. You will assist fellow Business team by problem-solving key technical issues for our customers, while liaising with the Product Marketing Management and Engineering teams to devise enhancements to Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
- Work with account executives to explore opportunities from the technical perspective, and set the opportunity pursuit strategy. Develop strategy to resolve technical impediments, scoping out migration workloads.
- Take responsibility for technical aspects of solutions to include managing product and solution briefings, proof-of-concept work, and the coordination of supporting technical resources.
- Work with Google Cloud products team to demonstrate and prototype integrations in customer/partner environments.
- Prepare and deliver product messaging to highlight Google Cloud value proposition using techniques to include whiteboard and slide presentations, product demonstrations, white papers, trial management and documents.
- Make recommendations on integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure to implement a complete solution providing advice to customers to optimize Google Cloud effectiveness.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?