Senior Technical Program Manager I, Product Security Assurance
Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Seattle, WA, USA; New York, NY, USA; Raleigh, NC, USA; Durham, NC, USA.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 8 years of experience in program management, leading cross-functional projects/programs.
- 8 years of experience in security.
- 10 years of experience managing complex cross-functional or cross-team projects.
- 10 years of experience in product security in a large enterprise software company.
- 5 years of experience in leadership roles.
- Experience with infrastructure systems, security assessments, and security processes.
- Experience with cloud engineering practices.
About the job
Google's projects, like our users, span the globe and require managers to keep the big picture in focus while being able to dive into the unique engineering challenges we face daily. As a Technical Program Manager at Google, you lead complex, multi-disciplinary engineering projects using your engineering expertise. You plan requirements with internal customers and usher projects through the entire project lifecycle. This includes managing project schedules, identifying risks and clearly communicating them to project stakeholders. You're equally at home explaining your team's analyses and recommendations to executives as you are discussing the technical trade-offs in product development with engineers.
Using your extensive technical and leadership expertise, you manage projects of various size and scope, identifying future opportunities, improving processes and driving the technical directions of your programs.
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be responsible for the leadership of our Technical Program Managers who are focused on the design and implementation of programs to drive forward the security of Google Cloud products. This includes developing a scalable operating model for product security that allows the function to scale sub-linearly to provide deep coverage of the Google Cloud product suite.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $164,000-$252,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about benefits at Google.
- Collaborate with team members and stakeholders across functions to develop product security program goals and prioritization, define program roadmaps and work streams, and drive strategy on prioritizing goals and deliverables.
- Develop a new operating model for product security that includes a service catalog, coverage, and tiering model along with metrics and reporting.
- Guide the implementation and operation of this new operating model.
- Define key program metrics based on technical or program needs, manage cross-functional teams, and drive action to ensure program success. Develop, delegate, and facilitate corrective actions to address organizational issues.
- Direct strategic programs, and act as an authority in the domain to guide leadership on making decisions to advance product/program excellence. Identify, communicate, and collaborate with relevant stakeholders across functions to drive impact and work toward mutual goals.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?