Senior Software Engineering Manager, Google Nest
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- 13 years of experience in one or more of the following areas: on-device algorithms, embedded Linux, data analysis/experiments, machine learning, or software platforms.
- 5 years of experience in people management.
- Experience in programming languages such as C, C++, or Java.
- Experience in implementing compute-heavy algorithms on embedded systems.
- Experience leading and managing distributed teams across United States and Asia.
- Experience in launching one or multiple AI/ML powered user-facing products.
- Experience in IoT and smart home platforms.
About the job
Like Google's own ambitions, the work of a Software Engineer (SWE) goes way beyond just Search. SWE Managers have not only the technical expertise to take on and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of engineers. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs. As a SWE Manager you manage your project goals, contribute to product strategy and help develop your team. SWE teams work all across the company, in areas such as information retrieval, artificial intelligence, natural language processing, distributed computing, large-scale system design, networking, security, data compression, user interface design; the list goes on and is growing every day. Operating with scale and speed, our exceptional software engineers are just getting started -- and as a manager, you guide the way.
At Google Nest, we leverage cutting edge machine learning, sensor algorithms, coupled with our industry-leading platforms to create delightful, helpful experiences for the smarter home.
The Google Nest team focuses on hardware, software, and services for the home, ranging from Nest thermostats to Nest smart displays. The Google Nest team develops, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make users’ homes more helpful. Our mission is the helpful home: to create a home that cares for the people inside it and the world around it.
- Manage and grow the local teams and projects portfolio.
- Design and develop the software architecture for next generation smart home devices, platforms, and/or intelligent applications.
- Build evaluation datasets, metrics, and infrastructure to understand and optimize the behavior of our platform and algorithms.
- Grow the team’s impact, building out team's direction and strategy, and aligning with stakeholders on multiple priorities.
- Manage communication and alignment across functions, geographies, and partners.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?