Sourcing Manager, Custom Silicon Operations
Google welcomes people with disabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Finance, Business, or a related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 7 years of experience managing SoC or in semiconductor manufacturing or supply chain.
- Experience with ASIC and COT models. Experience growing/working with teams of diverse technical backgrounds and leading cross-functional deliverables.
- Experience managing foundries, OSATs, and sub-suppliers. Experience with semiconductor development cycles, NPI bring-up methodology, and production ramp.
- Experience working closely with a foundry partner and knowledge of foundry and OSAT suppliers and ecosystem.
- Experience presenting/communicating to an executive audience. Experience developing financial should cost models. Ability to connect, network, and collaborate with others in a large product organization.
- Familiarity with analog/digital design, development flows, and wafer fabrication knowledge.
- Ability to travel to manage supplier deliverables.
About the job
Commodity Managers work with Engineering teams to make sure Google has the supplies and equipment to put into production the innovative products coming from our Engineering teams. As a Commodity Manager, you use your wide industry knowledge and strategic supplier relationships to optimize our total cost of ownership for our global -- and growing -- infrastructure. The scale at which Google operates means that savings on just one piece of hardware can have a huge impact on Google's bottom line.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology.
- Drive the relationship, supplier strategy, commercial and agreement engagement, negotiations, and management with silicon design, OSAT, and foundry partners for Google Devices and Services. Collaborate with internal partners to manage silicon suppliers to ensure production readiness, assurance of supply and delivery, cost, performance, and overall quality in support of New Product Introduction and sustaining operations.
- Collaborate with partners including Planning, Fulfillment, Strategy, Special Deals, Systems, Engineering and Operations to drive innovative, cost effective, and high-quality solutions that support our product launch goals. Develop and execute global supply chain strategies, including driving Request For X/Quarterly Business Review/Quarterly Technical Review, and supply report cards.
- Collaborate with partners on purchase activities (e.g., generating, managing, and reconciling forecasts and schedules).
- Drive and participate in the development of system/process improvements and supply chain solutions across organizational teams.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other organization location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
At Google, we’re committed to building a workforce that is more representative of the users we serve and creating a culture where everyone feels like they belong. To learn more about our diversity, equity, inclusion commitments and how we’re building belonging, please visit our Belonging page for more information.
We welcome and encourage people who are expecting and/or parents-to-be to apply to this or any other role at Google.
Google is a global company and, in order to facilitate efficient collaboration and communication globally, English proficiency is a requirement for all roles.
Something looks off?